Disputes are commonplace in many divorce proceedings, and arguing over the issues and failing to reach agreements leads to a much longer and costly process. Fortunately, there are alternative dispute resolution (ADR) methods divorcing couples may utilize to reach an agreeable settlement more quickly and less expensively.
ADR is a method of resolving conflict instead of trial. It is typically more affordable than litigation and can be completed in less time. In New Jersey, the most common types of ADR include:
- Negotiation: With effective negotiation, spouses can control the divorce process and decide essential issues on their own more quickly.
- Mediation: Mediation seeks peaceful and amicable resolutions using qualified mediators. Certified mediators use skillful negotiating methods to help facilitate an agreement.
- Arbitration: In arbitration, the final decision is determined by an arbiter whom both parties have agreed upon and are bound by the arbiter’s decision. Arbitration is typically used when divorcing couples fail to reach an amicable agreement through negotiation or mediation.
- Collaborative divorce: Another alternative approach is collaborative divorce, in which divorcing spouses form a collaborative “team,” with specially trained collaborative divorce lawyers and others working together to reach amicable agreements benefitting the whole family.
What Are the Benefits of ADR?
ADR allows both parties to seek creative solutions and develop fair resolutions with increased input over traditional litigation. The process of ADR can offer many benefits, including:
- More control and flexibility throughout the process
- Lower costs
- Less complex proceedings
- Quicker and more efficient resolution
- Tailored solutions and agreements that benefit the whole family
- Increased confidentiality
- Prioritization of children’s best interests
- Establishment of positive co-parenting
- Reduced stress
How Can Tune Law Group, LLC Help Me?
Managing Partner Daniel B. Tune, Esq. is certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Matrimonial Trial Attorney. He is exceptionally skilled at facilitating mutually beneficial agreements between spouses.
Mr. Tune and our legal team can guide you and help you explore ADR methods to determine which best suits your family’s needs and protects your best interests. At Tune Law Group, LLC, we share your goal of peacefully reaching the best possible outcome in your case.
Hunterdon County Divorce Lawyers at Tune Law Group, LLC Help Divorcing Couples Reach Amicable Agreements Through ADR Methods
If you anticipate disagreements regarding your divorce, our Hunterdon County lawyers at Tune Law Group, LLC can provide the needed guidance and support. Call 908-434-1061 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. Located in Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, we serve clients in and around Hunterdon County, Monmouth County, Whitehouse, and Tewksbury.